Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ocean Festival

On Sunday, before Church, we went down to the beach for the Ocean Festival.. I hadn't been for many years and we had a great time.There were tents and vendors set up everywhere, all up and down the beach.
Awesome view from the pier
Pretty beach
The pier
There were a bunch of these old timer cars parked on the pier.. this one was one of our favorites.
Whoa big girl!!
We watched a body boarding contest from the pier for awhile and it was pretty cool... there is a guy in this picture but you can't really see him.
And the biggest reason we went down was to see the sand castle building competition. There were a bunch of teams building these awesome castles... and Jaxon was busy taking notes on techniques... apparently a spray water bottle is key!
This castle was pretty awesome, it was small but had a ton of detail.
I was exhausted after walking up and down the beach and the pier... carrying all this extra weight really gets the feet and legs. It was really good morning though and we had a blast.









6 comments:

Beth said...

That all looks so cool.. How nice to live so close to a beach. Wanna go again this week while I'm there?? :)

And, I mean this in the most loving way.. is there really only one baby in there? holy crapola mama, that belly is taking over your little body!

Cassie said...

That looks like tons of fun! Tell Jaxon that with that kind of castle competition he might have to change his castle's subjects from....you know what...to actual buildings! Then maybe he could enter the contests too!

m ojkijh mby7hb hynbju76thy7guhjy7uyyuuyyyhb bn ygbngb bn nb m (sorry Cam got to the keyboard!)

Anonymous said...

So fun! I didn't even know they had an ocean festival! I'm all over those festivals. I would have loved to see the sand castles. I'm surprised you were able to walk so far...your baby is getting soooo big. Notice I said your baby. You look adorable! Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day.... beautiful pregnant mommy, beautiful car, beautiful castles!!!!

Erin said...

thats cool! i love how you guys are always at the beach. you make me miss it so bad! I haven't been to the beach in years. isn't that sad? and I have lived in utah for 8 years this august! crazy!

Julia said...

I love the Ocean Festival! Looks like fun! Yep, that belly's getting pretty big! But so cute!