Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Weekend...

So we had a great weekend. We went to Bear Lake Friday night and stayed through Sunday morning at this way nice condo.. and the best part was it was free! The free part is very important for us poor college students. Jaxon's boss has a time share in this condo and lets us go and stay there all the time for nothin! My sweet husband set it all up and surprised me Friday by getting me out of Logan. We hot tubed and swam in the pool, and ate a bunch of junk and vegged out Friday night. Saturday we went snowboarding at Beaver and had a blast! I am not so good at snowboarding yet.. my main goal this trip was to not get taken out by the lift (yes that actually happened last time and they had to shut it down and help pick me up.. way embarrassing). I was fine getting on the lifts this time, but this time getting off was a struggle. The first run I totally ate it getting off the lift and tripped Jaxon and smacked my knee so hard I couldn't bend it for a little while, I was actually crying at the top of the mountain. The actual snowboarding down the mountain isn't the hard part... I think I only didn't fall getting off the lift once the whole day. I then smacked my knee again going down the mountain with my snowboard while I was trying to do a trick that I obviously had no business trying. I am still trying to figure out how I hit myself in the knee with the board that was strapped to my feet. So, now I have the biggest ugliest bruise on my knee, and it is way swollen. It hurts pretty bad, I cant touch it without practically screaming.. and Jaxon can't seem to remember that its hurt. It's actually a pretty rad lookin injury thingy, I kinda feel tough, or maybe I would if i hadn't cried at the top of the mountain. The snowboarding was awesome! The hot tub after was also awesome! I am still a bit sore everywhere, but 3 days later I can take my own shirt off without breaking a sweat and resting in the middle. Erin you and Ryan want to go next time? There is an extra big bed in the condo!?

11 comments:

Julia said...

Where's my invite? And Cori that's pretty good you made it once off the lift without falling.. that's better than I can do. That's why I skiied the last time we went. I didnt want to take out poor Sydney.

Cori said...

well you are always welcome julia of course.. you tell me when your coming and we will plan on it ;)

Beth said...

HILARIOUS! They had to stop the chair lift to PICK YOU UP?? That is friggin hilarious and TOTALLY and COMPLETELY something I would do!!! So stinking funny. I kinda wish you had your video camera for that incident. ;)

Cassie said...

Are you sure you didn't do something worse than just bruise your knee? Maybe you should have it looked at! yikes! Other than that part I am totally jealous I wish we could have been there!

Erin said...

cori, that would be so fun...only if we aren't sharing the bed with you and jaxon. that would be um how shall I put it...awkward, and by awkward I mean no can do. you tell us when and we will be there.

but I am seriously proud of you all t ough and trying tricks, wven if you did cry at the top of the mountain.

Anonymous said...

I think Beth was finding your experience just a little bit too funny, don't you? It sounds like something I would do though.
Sounded like a fun weekend!

Beth said...

I think I need to apologize. My mom's right. I was laughing a little too hard about the chairlift incident and not giving you any sympathy for your knee. I didn't mean to disregard that. I'm sorry you got hurt. :( I just couldn't get the visual of the chairlift out of my head. Ya know why? Because I have never done it and I KNOW that I would never be able to get off the thing. Maybe I should just go sometime and spend the day just riding the chairlift. Do they let you do that??

Cori said...

erin.. there is an extra big bed in the living room.. and a bed in the bedroom, and extra bed like you guys would get your own, shoot. beth, its all good to laugh, enough time has passed that you are free to completely laugh at me.. it was frickin hillarious i even knew it at the time.

Julia said...

NEXT!

Beth said...

Ahem, CORI.. don't you think you might have some news you'd like to blog about???!!!

Julia said...

Now that Beth broke the ice..... YEA!!! Get bloggin!